11 October 2022

The Universe Conspires

 

Yesterday, I somewhat understood what is meant by Coelho's When you want something, the whole universe conspires to make it happen.

I had gone to meet my classmate from school. We were classmates almost 50 years ago. He had come over to Bangalore from Pune to be part of Isha foundation's consecration ceremony of the Deity which is in now residing in its New Centre in Bangalore. It was just an old time sake visit. However, it turned out to be the Universe conspires experience. Not my experience though, as I will explain in a bit.

I had been wanting to visit the Isha Foundation near Coimbatore, India, for a long time. But it hasn't happened yet. Arun and Gopi, my classmates from school, took me to the New Isha Centre in the Nandi Hills. The Deity therein had been consecrated only the night before. The function was over and there were only few visitors. And, I was able to humbly receive the blessings and energy with gratitude; without the jostling and pushing of other devotees. It was truly a soul stirring experience.

The New Centre is cradled in a huge bowl hemmed in by hills. On one of the hillocks, which was almost barren, I noticed a tree atop the hillock. It had sprung up from the boulders on top of the hillock. It must have struggled a lot to breathe, as it made its way up the unforgiving boulders. But the Universe had conspired that it saw the light of the day; more importantly it was as if the Universe had conspired to give it a ringside view of the consecration ceremony of the Deity. It would now remain covered with effulgent energy from the residing Deity forever. 









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have seen more than what everyone sees. Seeing beyond the ordinary is vision !!

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully expressed!

Raghavan said...

Serendipity, I guess!

Ineresting? ShareThis

search engine marketing