03 November 2022

Dakota crash and Naga ordeal 2

 

Dakota crash and Naga ordeal

In continuation to the above story let me add what Wg Cdr J Choudhary (Retired), the second son of Late Hony Flt Lt Choudhary, wrote to me today about the same story:

---------------------------------------------

Dear All,

Yesterday was a very important and emotional event in my life and so am sharing with all of you. You all know that my father was the Flt Sig of the Dakota which was shot down in Nagaland in 1960 after which four crew members( my father along with Flt Lt Singha, Fg offrs Raphael and  C S Mishra) were held captive. Gp Capt Mishra was the Nav and is the only surviving member and I  finally could meet him yesterday. He shared a few episodes with me during their Nagaland ordeal. It was HORRIFYING. 

Am sharing photograph and my message to him.

This was my message in 58th course Pilot's group.

Gp Capt Mishra is 11th NDA/Foxtrot

Dear Sir,

It is so scary and sad what you all underwent. You all bore your scars in silence. The mental, emotional and physical trauma for such a long period is absolutely unimaginable! It is horrifying. 

SUCH BRAVE MEN! 🙏🙏 HATS OFF!!

Proud to be associated with you and Singha Sir and Raphael Sir. Proud to be Babu's child. 

Have to meet you again and as many times as possible. 

Lots of love and pranams🙏


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Ineresting? ShareThis

search engine marketing